First day in Tokyo

07:12



Gosh. Japan. How should I start talking about this crazy place? Maybe I will talk about my first impression here, my first day.
When I got into here, everything amused me. The buildings, the food, the convenience stores, the people, the pachinkos, the streets, the dogs. I was a crazy gaijin (how japanese call foreigners) taking picture of everything and wanting to buy everything.

We arrived in a cold friday night, 24th of March. Spring was there with a chilling thin rain. On the streets, everybody was wearing long coats and it seemed that they were all happy or maybe I was just too happy and  they looked the same way for me. We went to our booked airbnb to leave our 4 big luggages and then eat. At first, we looked around the area trying to find something tasty and open at 00pm and in the end, we decided to eat a Gyudon. I had no idea of what that was and after a while I found out that this is kinda of a fast food in Japan. A basic Gyudon is like the picture below, a bow with rice in the botton and lots of meat on top, but there are others types that you can also eat with egg (raw egg!), cheese, etc. It's really tasty and cheap, you can find one franquia in every corner you walk to.



After eating, we walked around through the luminated streets of Tokyo, looking at everydetail, the buildings, the lights, the people, the dogs, until we got inside a kombini.




(Pachinko)



In Brazil, we don't have that and for those who also don't know, it's a mini supermarket with lots of differents and useful stuffs to buy, or how they call it in many countries, a convenient store. You can basically buy food, stationery products, toilet products, magazines, mangas,... Those kombinis you can find anywhere and the main biggest ones are 7eleven, Lawson and Family Mart. 

It's funny, looking back then I seemed like a child who had got her present that she always dreamed of. And that was true, I had my wish coming true, and everything was amazing, even the food that I found in the kombini was amazing for me, so I took lots of pictures:







After the kombini we went to back to the airbnb. The house was divided in 5 bedrooms, the floor all made of tatami (rice thing) and, as the japanese tradition asks, you have to take your shoes off on the entrance so it will keep the house clean for longer. And the toilet. Gosh, I love the japanese toilet. In winter the toilet seat is heated and you can seat without being afraid of the cold. If you make loud noises, he plays a sound for you not feel uncomfortable (if you are in a public bathroom). If you want to clean yourself better, there is water that comes out of it and clean you. In the beginning was weird but after a while, I started to love it. Japan and their technology. 



I went to my bed and layed down. My mind was racing thinking about the infinity possibilities that this place could bring me, of how much adventures I would have and what would I find out that was so different from my old country. I thought that I wouldn't be able to sleep, but after 36 hours of flight it took me no more than 5 minutes. That's how my first day in Japan ended and how everything began.

You Might Also Like

2 comentários

  1. Amazing begnning, I am so excited for reading more....

    ResponderExcluir

  2. Michele:)Good to see you!
    I'm glad that u were very excited here in Japan.
    What I thought as common thing is not common for people from different country. It's surprised but these things make me see things from different side! I want to read ur blog more:D

    ResponderExcluir

Most Popular